• Summerwood Home

  • Enjoy the pure uncut beauty of our surroundings

  • Summerwood History -1904

  • Winelands

Our Rooms

Summerwood Guest House was built in 1904 for Willem Petrus and Maria De Villiers and the called the house “La Paix” (which means “peace” in French). Willem is a direct descendant from Jacob (Jacques) de Villiers, one of the three De Villiers Brothers who came with the French Hugenotes in 1689 to settle in de Cape. Together Willem and Maria had ten children and in honour to them we haved named the rooms after them and their children.

Our rooms are spacious and are charmingly and tastefully decorated all with en-suite bathrooms. Bathroom includes shower and bath.

Our ground floor rooms have their own private patio area.

Facilities in ROOMS:

  • Air-conditioning
  • 40-Inch LCD flat-screen televisions HDMI Satellite-TV (37 channels)
  • Telephone service
  • Safe
  • Mini-Bar and fridge
  • Wireless Internet access

General facilities and services:

  • Airport shuttle service
  • Secure parking
  • Swimming pool
  • Lounge
  • Fax and copier
  • Laundry service
  • Garden area
  • Private function facility
  • Bicycle rentals
  • Wine tours

Check-in after 14:00, check-out before 11:00