Helderberg Nature Reserve
In the early 1960’s, The Rotary Club of Somerset West suggested that a Nature Reserve would benefit the Community.
On 3 October 1964, the farmland was opened as a reserve by the Administrator of the Cape.
The Helderberg Nature Reserve is situated in Somerset West on the slopes of the beautiful Helderberg Mountain overlooking False Bay.
There are picnic spots, an information centre, our Guinea gift shop, exhibitions and hiking trails for young and old. See our lovely Bontebok, and watch the tortoises lazily mowing our lawns.
- Information Centre: (021) 851-4060
Indigenous Nursery: (021) 851-9192
(open Tuesday – Friday from 10:00-16:00)
(open Saturday from 10:00-14:00)
- Environmental Education Centre: (021) 852-8831
- Resource Centre: (021) 852-8831
- Reserve management: (021) 851-6982
- After hours (emergency only): (021) 957-4700
|Bus||: R250.00 (prior arrangement only)|
|Child||: R5.00 (under the age of 13)|